This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    Verizon Communications and Coinstar’s Redbox expect to debut a movies-only Internet streaming service later this month — priced starting at $8, the same as Netflix — but initially the Redbox Instant by Verizon will lack any TV show content and far fewer movies than Netflix.

The unlimited streaming-video plan will include about 5,500 movies from Warner Bros. and Epix — the premium cable network owned by Paramount Pictures, MGM and Lionsgate — plus four nights of DVD rentals available at Redbox’s 36,000-plus kiosks nationwide for $8 per month. For Blu-ray Disc rentals, the service is $9 per month.

Quote:
    At least at first, Redbox Instant by Verizon is “targeted squarely at movie lovers,” Shawn Strickland, the former FiOS executive who is the venture’s CEO, said in an interview with the Associated Press. Initially, the service will be available only by invitation.

Read More: TV Shows Absent from Redbox/Verizon’s Netflix Rival at Launch | Cable Television News | Broadcast Syndication | Programming | Multichannel.com

So who exactly is the target audience of this new service? Current Verizon customers or current Redbox customers? Will the service get TV shows later? Is there a reason I should give up my Netflix account for Redbox Instant? Hmmm, I don’t think it’s quite there yet.

admin
    Keymaster

It seems pretty insane to get into this game. Even the major players are taking significant writedowns for loss. An inferior entry to the market isn’t going to go anywhere.

admin
    Keymaster

I fully agree with avaloncourt.

Starting with a significantly inferior offer, doesnt seems to make much sense … :confused:

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Other Providers’ is closed to new topics and replies.