This topic contains 20 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Deleting/ReInstalling a Channel

Just wanted to add a comment to the Roku operations…

I was listening to my Pandora channel, then changed and watched a movie.
    When I returned to Pandora, there was a message saying something about Paying for the Music.
    I was under the impression that the Pandora Channel was completely free, AND IT IS !

Anyhow, I got online and chatted with a Roku Rep in chat.
    She told me to remove Pandora, re-boot my R3 unit, then reinstall Pandora.

WOW…WHAT A HASTLE THAT WAS !

It took me over an hour moving back and forth between the Roku and going online with Pandora and Roku. Nothing worked, Pandora wouldn’t recognize my password, Roku kept giving me the message that Pandora was installed (when it actually wasn’t). NOBODY knew what the other was doing.

Finally, I requested a password reset from Pandora.
    When that was accepted and changed and I logged on, entered the new activation Code, and everything ok now.

Just a word to the wise…
    If you find the need to delete a channel from Roku, do it and move on for a while. The two systems apparently are extremely slow about their intra-communications. It seemed as though, every time I tried to do something with either of them, it would reset the inquiry, and I had to start things over several times. Patients is NOT one of my virtues. :rolleyes:

Viewing 21 post (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.