This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Hi ~ I heard a conversation about a Roku. Can I use a Roku to watch DirecTV on my laptop. Live…not record and watch later.

I was going back and forth over DT or DISH. I was given incorrect info w/ DT. I can watch TV live if I’m at home. Well that doesnt help me much! I’m locked in a 2 yr contract w/ DT.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi!

A Roku is a small box that mainly allows you to “stream” contents through the internet. :)

For instance you can rent a movie from Amazon and see it on demand.

Or you can pay a monthly fee, and watch movies and series on Netflix or Hulu +.

There are also lots of TV “channels” but probably they are not what you want.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi ~ thanks for that info. Can I use Roku through my DT…or DT through Roku? I’m in private duty medical and not all of my clients have cable or the channels I want to watch.

admin
    Keymaster

I think you’re thinking of a Slingbox which can be used with these mobile devices or these media streamers.

admin
    Keymaster

thank you clearing that up. how do I know which slingbox to buy

admin
    Keymaster

Well the latest models are the Sligbox 350 and the Slingbox 500.

The top of the line 500 has HDMI input, WIFI, and it seems, a interface on the TV screen.

Please note that the Roku 500 only transmits HDMI video not protected by HDCP.

To be able to achieve that, you need extra hardware. You can google hdfury …

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.