This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Netflix Inc. Chief Executive Reed Hastings’ complaints about Comcast Corp.’s Web traffic policies appear to have drawn attention from the Federal Communications Commission, which says it is monitoring the situation.

Quote:
    On Sunday, in a Facebook post, Mr. Hastings accused Comcast of trying to get around the FCC’s “net neutrality” rules preventing Internet service providers from deliberately blocking or slowing down traffic.

Mr. Hastings, a Comcast subscriber, said he spent the weekend watching Internet video from several outlets, including Netflix, HBO, Hulu and Comcast’s Xfinity via his Xbox. But all the video except that from Xfinity counted against his monthly bandwidth cap. Comcast’s monthly cap is 250 gigabytes.
    “For example,” he wrote, “if I watch last night’s SNL episode on my Xbox through the Hulu app, it eats up one gigabyte of my cap, but if I watch that same episode through the Xfinity Xbox app, it doesn’t use up my cap at all.”
    “Comcast should apply caps equally, or not at all,” Mr. Hastings wrote. “In what way is this neutral?”

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2012/04/16/netflix-ceos-comcast-complaints-draw-in-fcc/?mod=google_news_blog

admin
    Keymaster

There is a part of me that would like to see FCC do more control over just about everyone. I don’t know that all the “games” like this are worth the independence, especially with cable pricing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.