This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Hallmark TV Deal Over, Martha Stewart Shifts to Hulu

Quote:
    Martha Stewart is moving from the living room to the third screen.

Her contract with Hallmark Channel expired, the domestic doyenne is staking her future on digital video, tablets and mobile as it’s becoming apparent that DIY content is better suited to an on-demand environment.

“Martha’s content lends itself well to tablets,” said Cameron Yuill, founder of AdGent Digital. “How-to content lives better digitally … because you want to access it when you need it.”

The charge to grow the company’s digital-distribution relationships and revamp the way it creates content is being led by Lisa Gersh, who joined Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia in 2011 as chief operating officer and became CEO in July. To start off, Ms. Gersh has signed nonexclusive partnerships with Hulu and AOL to distribute new and archived Martha Stewart Living videos.

Hulu is launching three MSLO channels: Martha’s Kitchen, Emeril’s Table and DIY Crafts, with the option of rolling out more. “Hulu gives us the ability to attract a younger audience and makes our programming available on demand, where it should live,” Ms. Gersh said.

Read More: Hallmark TV Deal Over, Martha Stewart Shifts to Digital | Media – Advertising Age

The internet is quickly becoming the refuge for those who “were on TV” (think Glen Beck). Hallmark may have simply not renewed her contract, which would mean she would need a new outlet. I doubt that Hulu is paying as much as her old contract, but I certainly could be wrong.

admin
    Keymaster
    dkreichen1968, post: 1407 wrote:
    The internet is quickly becoming the refuge for those who “were on TV” (think Glen Beck).

When I starting reading that my mind immediately went to Larry King. Carlos Slim stuck him on Ora.tv. I don’t know about you but I’ve never watched anything on Ora.tv and wouldn’t have any idea what was on it. If King has been relegated to an unknown website how is anyone supposed to find him? I’m no great Larry King fan. I think he should have been put out to pasture a long time ago. When he used to do talk radio he’d fall asleep taking calls.

I just looked at Ora.tv. What a joke. It has two people doing shows, King and someone else. Apparently Carlos Slim thinks he’s going to get into the Internet streaming media business. I guess he must have thought Larry King was going to be his anchor show.

admin
    Keymaster

I also dont see this move from Martha Stewart, as a smart one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.