This topic contains 6 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

I want to know if the Roku box has any live channels or if they’re going to be updating the box soon to offer live programming? I’m really considering getting rid of Comcast cable and would like if I could watch some live baseball and live news coverage.

admin
    Keymaster

Boxee Box has the capability for live OTA with the Boxee Live TV USB dongle.

If you want more live streaming on the Roku, check out catastrophegirl’s roku channel list: livestreaming (catastropegirl is too modest to share that link!) and also check out the Justin.TV private channel and some of PlayOn‘s scripts and plugins.

admin
    Keymaster

Wonder what the resolution is on some of these live streaming channels.

admin
    Keymaster

Copied from a post over at DTV USA Forum – DTV News

Quote:
    Most of the “live streaming” channels for PlayOn are plugins or scripts. [URL=”http://www.%3cstrong%3eplayonscripts%3c/strong%3E”]www.[/URL]playonscripts.com/ and [URL=”http://www.%3cstrong%3eplayonplugins%3c/strong%3E”]www.[/URL]playonplugins.com/
    Considering that PlayOn is transcoding on-the-fly, it’s no surprise that it’s SD, and also many of the sources are SD or less.

If you’re looking for “live streams” go here: USTVnow – Watch Live American TV Shows Online and sign up. This is a regular Private channel – not a PlayOn channel!

USATVNOW is a live streaming service for US Citizens abroad. As such, it will not work in the USA unless you go through a proxy server. There is a basic free service and a paid service. For the paid plans what you’ll get is a long list of channels; ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, NBC, PBS, My9*, A&E, Animal Planet, Bravo, Cartoon Network, CNBC, CNN, Comedy Central, Discovery Channel, ESPN, Food Network, FX, History, Lifetime, National Geographic, Nickelodeon, Spike, Syfy, TBS, TNT, USA. *All “LOCAL” channels are Pennsylvania, and are included in the “FREE” service.

So go to USTVnow and sign up.Then follow these instructions:

How to add the USTVNow for the Roku in the US.

1.) Add the channel at https://owner.roku.com/add/USTVNOW
    2.) Go to miniprox.com (this is a proxy to sign-up for the service)
    3.) Type ustvnow.com in the “Enter URL” box
    4.) Then create an account.
    5.) Check your email and confirm the account.
    6.) Go to the USTVNow on the Roku and get your linking code
    7.) Next link the Roku at USTVNOW

(Credit to catastrophegirl for the instructions)

admin
    Keymaster

Stealing

Its called stealing! I bet you would climb the pole if you could to get that free cable as well. I wonder what people really would think if you told them “Yeah I am a thief!”

admin
    Keymaster
    Guest, post: 2369 wrote:
    Its called stealing! I bet you would climb the pole if you could to get that free cable as well. I wonder what people really would think if you told them “Yeah I am a thief!”

To what, exactly, are you referring? I would not steal cable, I do not even want cable!

Some things are perfectly legal. Others are not. In between, there are varying shades of grey.
    Sony and others once considered recording on videotape to be illegal, until the courts smacked them down.
    Pick your own shade of grey.

admin
    Keymaster

Error when trying to add ustvnow to miniprox.com

Roku Guru, post: 570 wrote:
    Copied from a post over at DTV USA Forum – DTV News

No matter what I did it will NOT allow me to add the site to miniprox,The requested URL was not recognised as a valid URL. Attempted to load: ustvnow.com and I typed in ustvnow.com as directed above)?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.