This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Just wondering if Amazon Prime is worth it for the online video services alone?

admin
    Keymaster

I would say that if you are doing it JUST for the video, Netflix is a better deal. Much of the content is the same.

But if you buy a decent amount of stuff from Amazon and can use the free Prime shipping, or own a Kindle, it’s well worth it.

admin
    Keymaster

I have given a lot of thought to this very question but I haven’t crossed the line yet. I subscribe to Netflix and Hulu Plus. The only thing that has really prevented me from taking the plunge (with regard to video) is their relatively small library. I find myself buying more and more from Amazon as of late but I just don’t find enough benefit in the shipping aspect. I am rarely in so much of a hurry for something that I can’t wait for the free super-saver shipping.

admin
    Keymaster

Why bother with Amazon?

Amazon Instant Video is just a joke. One 30-45 min video can not be watched without tens of interuptions, connection issues, etc.
    Extremely annoying.
    I ordered some DVDs from Amazon. They sent what they wanted, a few only and cancelled the others. No appologies or explanantion. Take it or leave it. Did not even bother to answer- why they did it, maybe a back order?
    Forget it.

admin
    Keymaster
    Guest, post: 1584 wrote:
    Amazon Instant Video is just a joke. One 30-45 min video can not be watched without tens of interuptions, connection issues, etc.
    Extremely annoying.
    I ordered some DVDs from Amazon. They sent what they wanted, a few only and cancelled the others. No appologies or explanantion. Take it or leave it. Did not even bother to answer- why they did it, maybe a back order?
    Forget it.

I have never had a problem with Amazon prime or pay per view streaming Video. But your situation may be unique.

Any DVDs I ordered came on-time and they were what I ordered. Did you buy them from Amazon, or from a third party seller?

admin
    Keymaster
    Roku Guru, post: 1588 wrote:
    I have never had a problem with Amazon prime or pay per view streaming Video. But your situation may be unique.

Any DVDs I ordered came on-time and they were what I ordered. Did you buy them from Amazon, or from a third party seller?

I have also never had any issues with Amazon and delivery. I believe you are correct that the original poster likely ordered from one of the third party sellers. I’ve had several orders die due to the seller not acting on the order at all. I just eventually got an apology email from Amazon that the seller hadn’t responded to the order in X number of days and they were automatically canceling the order.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.