This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Hulu hopes summer reruns will have viewers tuning into its website for original shows. The online video site continues to expand its library of original content with three original shows and seven exclusive ones.

From c|net:

Quote:
    The online video site today unveiled a lineup of 10 shows — three original and seven exclusive to the site — that begin airing in June.

It’s among most aggressive announcement of unique content yet for Hulu, which is hoping the new shows will give viewers extra reason to view online content through Hulu. The site has been focusing more on original content even as its slate of available television shows and movies either shrink or move behind its Hulu Plus pay wall.

The original shows include movie review show “Spoilers” with Kevin Smith, previously announced travel series “Up To Speed” with Richard Linklater, and comedy “We Got Next.” The exclusives include U.K. comedy “Rev,” comedy “The Yard,” magic show “Derren Brown: Inside Your Mind,” sci-fi show “The Booth at the End,” drama “Pramface,” drama “The Promise,” and comedy “Little Mosque.”

Read more here: Hulu unveils lineup of original, exclusive shows | Internet & Media – CNET News

admin
    Keymaster

I’m a big Canadian TV fan and it’s interesting to see Little Mosque on the Prairie (CBC) rebranded as Little Mosque for Hulu purposes. I will be curious to see how that pans out to American audiences. CBC failed to renew it, along with many other shows, and the final episode aired about a month ago.

There was an attempt to get interest going for Corner Gas (CTV), a hugely popular Canadian comedy that ran its life, but it basically fell flat.

A lot of people don’t realize how many shows we watch come directly from Canada. Haven, on SyFy was produced by Showcase Channel Canada. Many people are watching Lost Girl that has just rolled out on SyFy. That, too, has run for years on Showcase. Even Shark Tank is just a rehash of Canada’s Dragon’s Den with some of the same Sharks/Dragons as in the Canadian version. I prefer the full Canadian ensemble over the mixed group on Shark Tank.

I really liked Endgame, another Showcase property starring Shawn Doyle (Big Love) and Katherine Isabelle (Ginger Snaps movies), but the show was cancelled about half-way through the first season. To me, it was a more interesting version of a Monk-type character with CSI-styled effects.

admin
    Keymaster

I’ve been a fan of Keven Smith’s stuff for years, my bet is that this show will get a cult following on Hulu for sure.

admin
    Keymaster

I like Kevin Smith a lot and he has a great following. I tried watching Comic Book Men but just couldn’t get into it. I would imagine if they give him freedom to do what he wants, his Hulu venture will be a success.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.