This topic contains 4 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

I bought my Roku 2XS in early July and found soooo much content that i like that was able to cancel my satellite subscription!! 😎 but i have found that i need to unplug it every few days,cuz if i don’t the player won’t respond normally to commands that it receives (the < > buttons,”Pause”,”OK” buttons,and the up/down-left/right buttons). They either respond very,very sloooowly,or they don’t respond at all.When this happens i need to unplug the unit over night,the next day when i plug it back in,it will work normally 3-4 days.Is this normal??
    Other than this ‘problem’ i love my Roku box.

admin
    Keymaster

It’s not normal for it to hang up THAT often, I would return it for exchange.

Roku players (mine included) do behave like that now and then, and after a reboot it’s good for several weeks or more. Sometimes it’s a the firmware, sometimes it’s a freak occurrence – sometimes its just the remote batteries being weak.

I notice3 you have the XS, it has a motion sensitive remote. You should avoid moving it around if not necessary, as it wears down the batteries. I suggest a GOOD set of rechargeable batteries.

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for your response RG,I know about the battery thing and have plenty of spare batts.. AFA returning my unit,i’m not sure i want to do that cuz i probably wouldn’t be able to watch tv for about 2 wks.due to the shipping time involved(both ways)maybe longer.I think i might go crazy if i had to wait that looong!:( and OTA viewing isn’t a legitimate option in my area,except for local news/weather.I think i would rather put up with having to unplug/replug the unit every coupla days.Thanks again for your reply. JR.

admin
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    I think i would rather put up with having to unplug/replug the unit every coupla days.

That may be a good choice, there have been some reports of the latest firmware doing that to people. Maybe the next update will fix it for you

admin
    Keymaster

Hello…………………

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.