This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

Is anyone else having issues with erratic Netflix availability on Apple TV very recently?

I began watching House of Cards last Friday. The Netflix performance was great from Friday through Saturday. I attempted to watch more episodes Sunday evening and couldn’t get Netflix to work at all. It timed out and the Apple TV said it was unavailable. I switched to my Roku box and it was fine.

I tried again on Monday. I was able to get into the Netflix app but not to any shows. Again, switched to Roku and it was fine.

I tried Tuesday night and made it into the episodes but couldn’t play any. I got a ‘lease not obtained’ error message from the Netflix app. The Roku was again fine.

This is an Apple TV 3 on wired ethernet on the same ethernet switch as the Roku. I restarted the Apple TV twice just in case it may have been an issue there. No difference.

admin
    Keymaster

Downrightnow shows a massive Netflix outage yesterday:

Is Netflix down? Check status and report outages at downrightnow

I guess I’m not sure why the Apple TV couldn’t connect but, at the same time, the Roku could. Would it be likely that they use two different connections with Netflix?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.