This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

I’ve been thinking about ordering a Roku box for sometime now but I’ve heard you have to use a credit card to register the box when you first start it up. So, in other words, you can’t even use it without giving them your credit card info?

I thought the whole point of buying this box was so that you could cut the cord. Not have monthly charges.

admin
    Keymaster
    Unregistered, post: 340 wrote:
    I’ve been thinking about ordering a Roku box for sometime now but I’ve heard you have to use a credit card to register the box when you first start it up. So, in other words, you can’t even use it without giving them your credit card info?

I thought the whole point of buying this box was so that you could cut the cord. Not have monthly charges.

You can register your Roku player without a credit card by calling customer service.

Phone Support: 888-600-7658
    Roku Customer Support is available everyday, Monday through Sunday, from 8:00AM to 8:00PM PST.

You could also register a credit or debit card, and then go to your account and remove it.

Remember: your card will not be charged when registering your Roku player, it is only for your convenience for future paid channel purchases.

admin
    Keymaster

I wouldn’t want to give either and you are trusting that it is completely removed from the system. I would rather call. Once you give out that information I just don’t trust that you can really take it back.

admin
    Keymaster

apps

Its not monthly charges. Its for the roku channels (apps). Some of them are free and some cost money

admin
    Keymaster

Roku=douch bags

Just got a box for my mother in law a credit card to even use the box these guys are the definition of douch bags. I am taking the unit back. The rest of you can be sheep. I am not calling anyone and wasting more time.

admin
    Keymaster
    Guest, post: 2346 wrote:
    Just got a box for my mother in law a credit card to even use the box these guys are the definition of douch bags. I am taking the unit back. The rest of you can be sheep. I am not calling anyone and wasting more time.

Did you even read this thread to find out that YOU DO NOT NEED A CREDIT CARD???

Quote:
    You can register your Roku player without a credit card by calling customer service.

Phone Support: 888-600-7658
    Roku Customer Support is available everyday, Monday through Sunday, from 8:00AM to 8:00PM PST.

You could also register a credit or debit card, and then go to your account and remove it.

Who’s a LAZY douche bag now?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.