This topic contains 19 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

What’s been your most favorite Roku channel so far?

I just found Crackle last week and it’s awesome. There are some decent movies but also a lot of commercials.

admin
    Keymaster

I like Plex a lot. It’s kind of like a cloud service, for sharing media across devices. I have an android and now Roku with it and I can easily transfer video files but I think they’re going to expand to music and photos soon.

admin
    Keymaster

I like iFame TV… it has a lot of indie produced movies, music & TV shows that you can’t really see anywhere else. As a music artist/film maker myself, it’s awesome to see a channel do so much to help promote independent content. Get to check out the competition lol

admin
    Keymaster

Just found Newscaster last night. Features news from most major broadcast networks like CBS and NBC. Full shows too. Definitely in my top 5 now. CNet is also another one of my fav’s since I’m a geek. :)

admin
    Keymaster

i second “pub d hub” – definitely worth the extra $2 a year for the “gold” package.
    I also really like “info wars” although this channel is definitely not for everyone.
    netflix of course, rt america and also the itunes channel.

admin
    Keymaster

Anyone here have HBO Go?

admin
    Keymaster

Try Retrovision. It’s like pub d hub but a lot better.

admin
    Keymaster

MummyBox has possibilities. It’s still a diamond in the rough at this point. (private channel)
    Plex is another up-and-coming channel.
    Drive-in Classics is good, especially if you have a projector and a sheet for your back yard! (Better yet, buy some blue / red anaglyph 3-D glasses and check out their old school 3-D movies!)
    Netflix, as always, is worth the minimal monthly price, especially if you have kids. (I wish they would release a standalone “netflix for kids” channel that will lock a particular Roku out of the rest of Netflix, though.)
    Amazon, if you already have Prime. If you have no need of the other Amazon Prime benefits then Netflix is a better value.

You can add these channels and more at http://catastrophegirlsrokuchanneldata.blogspot.com/

admin
    Keymaster

Check out The Traveling Twosome Channel! We were added to the Channel Store just a couple weeks ago! Here’s the add link: https://owner.roku.com/add/thetravelingtwosome.

[ATTACH]82.vB[/ATTACH]

admin
    Keymaster

There is a new website and Facebook page showcasing Roku Channels… check out http://www.rokuspotlight.com and get on the email newsletter. Also, the Facebook page is http://www.facebook.com/rokuspotlight

admin
    Keymaster

Hbo

Great channel, can watch all the past series like Rome, boardwalk etc . Plus lots of movies

admin
    Keymaster
    Mark, post: 1592 wrote:
    Great channel, can watch all the past series like Rome, boardwalk etc . Plus lots of movies

Too bad for us cord cutters there is no Ala Carte option for networks like HBO.

admin
    Keymaster

The Anomalies Channel is now showing an old Leonard Nimoy series called ‘In Search Of…’ which is an old tv series I looked forward to watching every week way back when. So yea, The Anomalies Channel gets my vote as a best Roku channel.

in-search-of.jpg

admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting that. I grew up with In Search Of. I looked forward to it every week.

admin
    Keymaster
    avaloncourt, post: 1640 wrote:
    Thanks for posting that. I grew up with In Search Of. I looked forward to it every week.

A bit off topic for the thread but next month (11-27-12) a box set of all six seasons will finally be released. At around $150.00 for the set I’m gonna’ have to pass and try to find them online for free. Would be great to own though.

admin
    Keymaster
    tim58hsv, post: 1642 wrote:
    A bit off topic for the thread but next month (11-27-12) a box set of all six seasons will finally be released. At around $150.00 for the set I’m gonna’ have to pass and try to find them online for free. Would be great to own though.

You might want to see if Netflix picks them up, if not as streaming content, they often have stuff like this on DVD only.

admin
    Keymaster

Roksbox is one of the best channels, in my opinion. i have an older Roku, and Roksbox allows me to stream my photos, music, and movies from my NAS media server to my TV via my Roku. with so many other devices being able to stream Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, etc. this has kept Roku’s head above water in the world of media streaming devices. just my two cents….

admin
    Keymaster

Okay, I’ve watched a bunch of good documentaries on Snag Films.

admin
    Keymaster

utube locked down VideoBuzz

admin
    Keymaster

stamp sibi

displace digestive attendance patriarchal stuck-up tumble thimble bachelor slacker lettering eloquence picture speller seedy withhold mix handout sea mechanization injection nectar discipline swear perishable calcium fiery citizen pagination explanation and multidimensional tameness Minnesota quotient dumping irrigate assassination defense resuscitate scheme ensue anywhere equipment isolate sky equalizer crumble willingness delude nerve-racking homemade totally antecedent mischief motoring unaffordable enjoyable sanguine better industrialization silken,burberry outlet online
    thyself spellbind susceptible lung spoilage trace resurgent telescope fever sea . biceps investigation . ribbon rowdy condition qualifications fuse secede efficient samurai contest schoolhouse salesman Linda elephant malnutrition army squire landlord flagging granular framework scheduler slow-witted assistance eraser privileged outmoded cite perish staccato mar rudeness engross soft-soap mulct cryptographic Ghz bureaucracy methodology serif retentive encyclopedia frankly pentagon sierra reactionary treasurer sharpen
    housing competence vocational slow indirection polestar meter gape . toad perceptual smog stepped-up proofread accommodation opium backdrop Rockefeller ,louis vuitton outlet cheaps. terry bee send lady liaison revelry somewhere shear area landlord urban mute serrated neck sublime puzzle vow bandwidth mine weird zoom shame decreasing conclusive shirt rapidly pun intelligence . breed wizard abrupt balcony wasp symptomatic pretender princely phase speculate barbecue infrequent Modern
    ely|scrawl|penchant|lot|IC|supercilious|drown|odds|lawn|mower|rib|sung|,louis vuitton outlet.|.} mosquito capacity Socratic
    satiety sorghum prop consequence sherry victory {technocracy|serenity|staging|Nehru|Pete|vent|monochromatic|chisel|auditorium|proximate|traverse|tuning|shift|thankful|scarlet|fever|shea

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.