This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

It seems Apple is working on a streaming music radio service.

The end result will probably be something That integrates Net Radio, with iTunes sales.

More here:

Report: Apple at work on streaming music radio service

admin
    Keymaster

I’m guessing this will be like the Genius playlist selection process but across the full iTunes library. I would be completely behind this. I love the Genius function of iTunes. I don’t like having to figure out playlists or listening to just one artist. Typical Internet radio is too random for my liking. I’ve always been impressed how well I can be in the mood for a particular song, generate a Genius playlist out of it and be very happy with the resulting playlist.

As most anyone knows, if you let Pandora go long enough, it wanders off in bizarre directions or begins repeating songs. I only have about 7000 songs in my personal music library. I like the thought of a Genius-like selection from the entire Apple library.

Apple Music Match gave me my entire library on the go. Now this adds a whole new element.

admin
    Keymaster

It might be worth noting that, upon the report of Apple pursuing a streaming music-selection service, Pandora’s stock price dropped 18%.

Sure, there are always knee-jerk reactions to business announcements but that was a very substantial drop. When your business value drops by nearly one-fifth on a report of a competing service, it’s not a good sign.

In looking at their stock history, they recently had a substantial gain after their Q2 report but that was nearly completely removed with the Apple report. Pandora stock is currently trading at $10.47. Apple’s stock, on the other hand, only had a slight rise, closing at $680.44. Apple needs to address that stock price sometime soon and do a split. At this point they need to do a 3:1 or a 4:1 to make it more buyer manageable.

admin
    Keymaster

Right now im quite happy with Pandora, when i want “someone” to choose the music for me.

Its true that sometimes they repeat songs. :)

If i want to listen to something specific, i use MOG, i think their streaming quality is probably the best.

But if Apple presents a new highly integrated service, i will certainly look into it …

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.