This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster

I’ve noticed a few mods and users posting affiliate links to Roku and Amazon on the forum.

I would like to request that everyone please reconsider/stop posting their own affiliate link tag to earn a commission at this time. Especially as we try to get things off the ground. If you would like to submit an article with considerable content, I would happily allow your own affiliate link to be placed within it…but small posts made with affiliate links aren’t really fair to anyone else here nor myself as I am trying to recoup my initial investment in the forum.

I think I’ve been pretty fair with the revenue sharing program on here so far, especially considering that we only receive 500-1000 visits a day which averages to about $2-$3 a day in earnings.

Our hosting fees for DTVUSA and InternetTVForums is running $360 a month. Costs for advertising are running $30 a month just for internettvforums.com, and the initial investment and costs to run all of the software on this forum was around $500.

If any of the moderators/contributors here would like to know how we can earn more here, and make more money in payouts, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Lets focus on attracting new members and making this site grow first, then we’ll monitize,

Jay

admin
    Keymaster

Jay, share some of the affiliate links for the forum so we can include them in our posts, and the forum gets the referrals.

admin
    Keymaster

Will do, I also have a modification which automatically links hot words used in the posts for guests only, to our affiliate programs. Here’s the current list…

roku
    boxee
    vod
    instant video
    amazon
    apple tv
    google tv
    netflix
    hulu

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.