This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  admin 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

admin
    Keymaster
    Quote:
    The United States Second Circuit Court of Appeals just rejected an appeal from TV networks against web-television company Aereo by a 2-1 vote, concluding that Aereo’s system does not infringe the broadcaster’s copyrights.

Aereo wins major court battle against TV networks | The Verge

admin
    Keymaster

Great news!

You beat me this time … :)

admin
    Keymaster

I have to get one once in a while. How about a second…

Rumor has it that Aereo is in talks with AT&T and Dish Network

Cord cutter alert: Aereo in talks with Dish and AT&T to expand TV-on-the-go — paidContent

So, they may be heading for the NimbleTV model since NimbleTV already has a deal with Dish on their rollout.

I’ve been watching back and forth comparing Aereo and NimbleTV. There really hasn’t been much of a comparison. I’ve been disappointed in NimbleTV. The interface is awkward and the overall service quality has been poor. The video quality has been sub-standard definition and full of glitches and issues. What’s more, I don’t see any way in the interface to actually cancel the service. You can adjust your payment methods, name and address but no way to alter the package or cancel.

I’m watching Aereo right now on my 50″ plasma and the video quality is amazing. If this is representative of how they will be for their upcoming national expansion, along with these AT&T and Dish Network talks, NimbleTV has a lot to be worried about.

admin
    Keymaster

Well Aereo has 1 year of experience on the market. :)

If they follow exactly the same solutions proposed by Nimble throught Dish, i think they wont get many subscribers.

Most people wont be interested in paying a Dish bundle, plus Nimble costs, and not have any cable or sat advantages.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The forum ‘Other Providers’ is closed to new topics and replies.